This often happens with Microsoft Office 2013 and sometimes Office 2016 or 365
Solution #1: 1. Open up a new document in Microsoft Word and choose "Mailings" tab at the top of the new document.
2. Then, go to Start Mail Merge and select "Normal Word Document".
3. Close Encompass and Microsoft Word, then log back into Encompass an print a Custom Form.
Solution #2 1. Open up Microsoft Word and navigate to File then Options.
2. On the General tab, disable (uncheck) the "Open e-mail attachments and other uneditable files in reading view."
Solution #3 1. When attempting to print a custom doc in Encompass, change the Options drop down box, located at the bottom right of the Encompass Print window, to "Print forms with field IDs".
2. Next, click the Preview button at the bottom of the Encompass Print window.
3. Once Microsoft Word opens up, change the view from Read Mode to Print Layo…